***Registration Opens April 1, 2018***
The 2018 Kalamazoo Klassic, presented in partnership by MRC Industries, Inc. and the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR), marks the 40th anniversary of a community tradition. Join us Friday, June 15, 2018 for the Kids' Klassic 1K & 2K, and Saturday, June 16, 2018 for the 10K Run, 5K Run & Walk and 10k Maple Hill Challenge. Event times are listed below.
Experience the famous Maple Hill in the 10k race, cruise down one of the fastest USATF certified 5k courses in the area or tackle both on Saturday, June 16. NEW this year, in celebration of our 40th anniversary, we are pleased to introduce the Maple Hill Challenge. Participants in the 10k run will be timed as they ascend Maple Hill. Awards will be given to the male and female runners with the fastest hill climb in the open, masters, grand masters and senior grand masters categories. Runners must complete the entire 10k race in order to be eligible for an award.
Friday evening, June 15th, kids ages 15 and under participate in the 1K and/or 2K events FREE of charge. The Kids' Klassic is presented by Gazelle Sports. The event is capped at 500.
Both the 5k and 10k courses are USATF certified.
Friday, June 15:
- Kids' Klassic 1K & 2K (6:00pm) (Start is on Hudson Street in front of the Maple Branch of the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo, 1001 W. Maple St. Kalamazoo, MI)
- Kids' Klassic Late Registration and Packet Pick-up (4:00pm – 5:30pm) (Maple Branch of the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo)
- 5k and 10k Late Registration, Packet Pick-up & Sponsor Expo (4:00pm – 7:00pm) (Maple Branch of the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo)
Saturday, June 16:
- 10k Run and the Maple Hill Challenge (7:30am) (Start is at top of Maple Hill)
- 5k Run & Walk (9:00am) (Start is at top of Maple Hill)
- Race Late Registration and Packet Pick-up (6:00am – 30 minutes before race start) (Finish line area at Maple Street Magnet School Field).
At least 85% of the net proceeds of the Kalamazoo Klassic benefit MRC Industries, Inc. in its mission to encourage and support individuals living with a disability to achieve their fullest potential through employment, skill-building and active community involvement. The remaining proceeds benefit Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) in its mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through the sport of running while enhancing the quality of life in the community.
Questions regarding the Kids' Klassic, Kalamazoo Klassic 5k Run/Walk, 10k Run and/or Maple Hill Challenge should be directed to Bonnie Sexton at email@example.com or 269-343-0747, x208.