The 2017 Kalamazoo Klassic, presented in partnership by MRC Industries, Inc. and the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR), marks the 39th anniversary of a community tradition. Join us Friday, June 16, 2017 for the Kids' Klassic 1K & 2K, and Saturday, June 17, 2017 for the 10K Run, 5K Run & Walk and Team Challenge. Event times are listed below.
Experience the famous Maple Hill in the 10k race, cruise down one of the fastest USATF certified 5k courses in the area or tackle both on Saturday, June 17.
Teams of 3 – 5 runners have the opportunity to compete for awards in the 5k and 10k Runs through the Team Challenge, sponsored by Rose Street Advisors. The top three teams in corporate and open divisions win prizes based on age division place of the top three finishing runners on each team.
Friday evening, June 16th, kids ages 15 and under participate in the 1K and/or 2K events FREE of charge thanks to the generous support of United Healthcare and Gazelle Sports. T-shirts to the first 300 pre-registered children. The event is capped at 500.
The 2017 Kalamazoo Klassic has been endorsed by the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports and the Michigan Fitness Foundation as a quality physical activity event through the Pure Michigan FITness Series endorsement program.
The 5k serves as 2017 Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) State Championship Race.
Both the 5k and 10k courses are USATF certified.
Friday, June 16:
- Kids' Klassic 1K & 2K (6:00pm) (Start is on Hudson Street in front of the Maple YMCA)
- Kids' Klassic Late Registration and Packet Pick-up (4:00pm – 5:30pm) (Maple Street Magnet School Cafeteria)
- 5k and 10k Late Registration, Packet Pick-up & Sponsor Expo (4:00pm – 7:30pm) (Maple Street Magnet School Cafeteria) (Sponsor Expo closes at 7:00pm)
Saturday, June 17:
- 10k Run and 10k Team Challenge (7:30am) (Start is at top of Maple Hill)
- 5k Run & Walk and 5k Team Challenge (9:00am) (Start is at top of Maple Hill)
- Race Late Registration and Packet Pick-up (6:00am – 30 minutes before race start) (Finish Line area at Maple Street Magnet School Field).
At least 85% of the net proceeds of the Kalamazoo Klassic benefit MRC Industries, Inc. in its mission to encourage and support individuals living with a disability to achieve their fullest potential through employment, skill-building and active community involvement. The remaining proceeds benefit Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) in its mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through the sport of running while enhancing the quality of life in the community.
Questions regarding the Kids' Klassic, Kalamazoo Klassic 5k or 10k or the Team Challenge should be directed to Bonnie Sexton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-343-0747, x208.